Functional features. Forward-thinking design.
Hamilton’s 3VO is the first of its kind in the water heater and boiler industry, utilizing more than 15 years of experience in condensing water heating production.
Total Design Flexibility
Hamilton Engineering’s unique 3VO design allows for Full Flow, Variable Primary or Primary Secondary for a truly versatile boiler system.
The Onboard Intelligence
The 3VO uses Hamilton’s HOT™ Controls to provide real-time operating data from 5 pressure sensors and up to 7 temperature sensors per appliance. This data allows automatic operating adjustments to avoid nuisance faults, and pinpoint accuracy on required maintenance, allowing the proper technician and service components to be sent out the first time.
Ease of Use
The 3VO is the perfect marriage of today’s cutting-edge technology and the simple boiler designs of years past. The result is a revolution in state-of-the-art water heating—a system that is actually easy to use and maintain.
Up to 7:1 turndown ratio adjusts to meet demand, further increasing efficiency while reducing cycling.
Masterless Cascading Controls
Up to 8 units can communicate with one another to operate as one large system, maintaining precise temperature control, even appliance wear, and flexible first-on, first-off dedicated unit.
Category IV Common Venting
Up to 8 units can be common-vented together—3VO’s non-return valves and proprietary software make this possible.
Internal software constantly monitors heat exchanger performance in all applications using dual pressure sensors to warn if scale formation is beginning.
All service can be easily performed from the front, top, and rear, with zero clearance required on the sides. All components requiring maintenance are removable in less than five minutes by one person.
- All 316L stainless steel, 125 PSI water-tube, down-fired construction, Hamilton Engineering-designed and manufactured in Michigan
- ASME H construction and certification
- Fully serviceable heat exchanger—removable heads with straight tubes that are individually cleanable (inside and out) and replaceable
- Variable Primary capable—minimum 5:1 water flow turndown ratio possible
- The industry’s lowest pressure drop in any water-tube product, and lower than the majority of fire-tube products—less than 7 feet of head at 30°F∆T throughout the line
- 4,000,000 BTU/hr model requires less than 1 BHP for pumping at a 30°F∆T when paired with its own pump